If you work in Corporate America, you have certainly asked yourself “Is it me?” It’s often hard not to wonder if you’re the crazy one or if everyone else is crazy. In all honesty, it seems unlikely that 95% of the people you encounter in the workplace are completely nuts. Therefore, you begin to ask yourself the next question in this journey of self-analysis, which is “Am I being punked?” This is often followed by a quick sweep of your office for hidden cameras and bugs.
While these situations tend to occur in meetings or when reading e-mails, you may find that you are either questioning your sanity or looking around for Ashton Kutcher during any activity at any point between 8am and 5pm. Rest assured that you are neither insane nor the subject of an office prank. Instead, your co-workers have lost their minds. In case you are still not convinced, here are some signs that they, not you, are the ones who are cray cray (as the kids say):
1) Your colleagues in another time zone force you to attend a meeting at 5 am. Then, at 4:45 am you receive a notice of cancellation, after you have forced 2 cups of coffee down your throat to ensure you can communicate intelligibly.
2) Your company does not believe it is necessary to spend resources training employees to do their jobs and tries to convince everyone that osmosis can also be telepathic.
3) Department meetings turn into an episode of Ellen, with surprise guests, comedy routines and sometimes dancing.
4) Senior management is confused by what you thought was a simple concept. (If this has happened to you, do NOT let your statistical team anywhere near management or you will end up forfeiting your next 3 free weekends in an attempt to bring your boss’s bosses up to speed on how all of this stuff works.)
5) You are given top secret assignments, but in order to complete the assignments you need the help of the people you are supposed to be spying on.
6) You regularly find a half-eaten donut (with bite marks) in the box on Donut Friday.
7) There’s a “lunch thief” who steals people’s turkey sandwiches.
8) Your company spends thousands of dollars paying consultants to do a project and no one reads the results. When you take a look at their work papers, you realize even the consultants didn’t read the results.
9) The audit team is auditing processes that were discontinued 5 years ago.
10) They’ve never found an error.
11) Their breath smells like turkey.
2 thoughts on “11 Signs Your Co-Workers Have Lost Their Minds”
That audit team sounds pretty fishy… stealing sandwiches.
I would be PISSED if I got up that early and they canceled the meeting at 4:45am. That would suck haha
LikeLiked by 1 person
I honestly am not exaggerating much. People are crazy! I wrote this post after my co-worker and I were on 3 different conference calls that day where we swore we were being punked!